Events and Services
Events & Services
Below are some of the services that we provide:
- Stay & Play – a free drop in session run on a Monday from 10.30-12.00 for the local community for children under 5 years. A variety of activities, resources and experiences are available throughout the session with a song time to finish. Snacks and water are available.
- Baby Massage – an IAIM (International Association of Infant Massage) 5 week course introducing and promoting Massage for parents with their baby. This course is for the local community, runs on a Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning and costs a total of £30. This is a small class of 4 parents with their babies, so booking is essential.
- Sign & Learn – a 6 week singing course introducing parents and carers to Makaton Signing. Fun songs include Makaton signs for parents to learn and begin to use in their home environment with their baby. Makaton signing can support language development and ease frustration in young children. This is a small class of 6 parents with their babies, so booking is essential.
- First Aid Training – a 2 hour session for Nursery parents and the local community run by a qualified First Aid Instructor including infant and child resuscitation, choking treatment and other children’s first aid emergencies. This course is free for Nursery parents and a total of £15 for the local community.
- Coffee Mornings/Afternoons – run on Wednesdays throughout the month, this is an opportunity to meet other parents/carers and enjoy a cuppa and cake together.
- Parent Drop-in Sessions – run on Wednesdays throughout the month, this is an opportunity come to discuss any aspect of Nursery life with the Nursery Family Liaison Coordinator.
- Workshops – run once a month for Nursery families on a variety of subjects including Toilet Training, Speech and Language Therapy and Choking Treatment.
- Book Club – books are available in our book club for parents/carers to come along with their children to borrow books to share together at home.
- Swap’s Day – run once a month for Nursery families to bring in any good quality baby/child equipment/clothes swaps for other families to take.
- Join in January – an opportunity for our parents/carers to show off their skills and talents and enhance the Nursery day. This could be through playing a musical instrument, reading stories to the children or running a craft activity.
To find out more about our Family Services or to book a place on a course, please contact Cathy (0207 354 4292 / Cathy@highburynursery.org).