Events and Services
Events & Services
Below are some of the services that we provide:
- Stay & Play – a free drop in session run the first Wednesday of each month 10.30-12.30 for the local community for children under 5 years. A variety of activities, resources and experiences are available throughout the session with a song time to finish.
- Baby Massage – an IAIM (International Association of Infant Massage) 5 week course introducing and promoting Massage for parents with their baby. This course is for the local community, runs on a Monday morning and afternoon and costs a total of £30. This is a small class of 3 parents with their babies, so booking is essential.
- Sign & Learn – a 5 week singing course introducing parents and carers to Makaton Signing. Fun songs include Makaton signs for parents to learn and begin to use in their home environment with their baby. Makaton signing can support language development and ease frustration in young children. This is a small class of 5 parents with their babies, so booking is essential.
- First Aid Training – a 2 hour session for Nursery parents and the local community run by a qualified First Aid Instructor including infant and child resuscitation, choking treatment and other children’s first aid emergencies. This course is free for Nursery parents and a total of £15 for the local community.
- Workshops – run once a month for Nursery families on a variety of subjects including Toilet Training, Speech and Language Therapy and Choking Treatment.
- Join in January – an opportunity for our parents/carers to show off their skills and talents and enhance the Nursery day. This could be through playing a musical instrument, reading stories to the children or running a craft activity.
To find out more about our Family Services or to book a place on a course, please contact Cathy (0207 354 4292 / Cathy@highburynursery.org).